On This International Yoga Day
Do These Asanas to cure your Gastritis Problem
Gastritis is a burning problem of the society, which can be cured with the help of simple Yoga.
Burning sensation in the stomach is due to excessive secretion of hydrochloric acid (HCL) which may corrode the inner lining of stomach if prolonged, and eventually affect other parts of digestive system. Prolonged acidity can cause chronic indigestion, arthritis, gout, IBS, ulcers etc.
Yoga is an effective natural gastritis treatment, in calming down the nervous system with proper blood circulation in abdomen.
Small but very useful tips to avoid gastritis problem:
- Drinking of water early in the morning is beneficial for the prevention of it.
- Avoiding spicy foods as they enhance heartburn.
- Eat at regular and smaller intervals, with light meals in every 3 hours.
- Eat only when you are hungry, avoid overeating.
- Drink plenty of water 5-6 litres a day.
- Bland, easy-to-digest and nutritious foods are advised in Gastritis.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Follow rule: Morning – heavy and healthy breakfast, Lunch – Moderate and Dinner – light.
- Take well balanced, low fat diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains, such as banana, apple, white rice etc.
- Go low on trans-fatty acids which are found in baked items or in bakery products.
- Avoid drinking water before and after meals.
- Early to bed and early to rise reduces risk of secreting excessive acid in stomach.
Following foods can be taken in gastritis:
- Fruits: Banana, Apple, Cherries, Blueberries.
- Vegetables: Sea vegetables, Dark green leafy vegetables, Vegetables with peels, Vegetable salads, Bell peppers, Squash.
- Meats: Lean meats.
- Fishes: Cold-water fishes.
- Dairy Products: Skimmed, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, including Tofu.
- Grains: Whole grains, Wheat bran, Unpolished rice.
- Oils and Fats: Olive oil, Vegetable oils.
- Beverages: Coconut water, Carrot juice, Spinach juice.
Asanas for Gastritis:
Pavanmuktasana – (Wind-Relieving Pose) – पवनमुक्तासन
Pavanmuktasana is an efficient gastritis treatment for all stomach problems, helps in curing all stomach-related problems.
Utthanpadasana – (Raised Legs Pose) – उत्तानपादासन
Utthanpadasana An excellent yoga treatment for gas problems.
Viparita Karani – (Legs Up The Wall Pose) – विपरीत करनी
Viparita Karani Makes the back and abdominal muscles strong and neutralizes accumulated gas and releases it.
Vajrasana – ( Pelvic Pose) – वज्रासन
Vajrasana This is a quick therapeutic treatment for removal of gas from our system.
It provides strength to the body muscles and releases the accumulated gas from the body.
With these small but very useful tips we can avoid the problem of gastritis. Lets all pledge to live a healthy live this International Yoga Day.