Is it not very strange that three fourth of earth is filled with water, there are threat that due to global warming there are chances to increase sea level but still we are looking for water and situation has become so bad that as per estimation even flow of Ganga (our holy river) is in question mark if we do not give proper attention. It has been said time and again that the next and probably the last world war will be for water only. As today we are celebrating World’s Water Day, so pulls up your socks and pledged to save a certain amount of water daily. We as human being are the only creatures who can use our brain to think and able to save good amount of money by thinking in right direction.
It is high time that people must give attention in day to come to avoid such terrible situation. How this can be done. Here are few tips:-
- Always go for rain water harvesting system even at Mohalla (locality) level.
- Prefer vegetarian meal.
- Never pollute water.
- Save earth by saving energy
- Always water your greenery area.
- Promote forest instead of park.
And these we will do by cut down the wastage of water from daily life by small factors like…
- In morning, when you brush the teeth or shave, don’t always make water flow through tap.
- Install water saving alarm for tanks not to overflow.
- Check the leaks in water tanks weekly.
- Use a single separate cup/glass for drinking water which can avoid washing times as well as water.
- Soak pots and big utensils instead of letting the water run while you scratch them clean.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap, and reuse it to water houseplants.
- When cleaning out fish tanks, give the nutrient-rich water to your plants (inside or out)
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other (or a plastic tub) with rinse water.
- Turn off the water while you wash/shampooing/conditioning your hair.
- Instead of using water soft tube, you may use broom to clean your lane, sidewalk and other place at your home.
- When you give your pet fresh water to drink, don’t throw the old water. Use it to water your trees or shrubs.
- Shorten your shower time by a minute or two and you’ll save plenty of water in a month.
- Don’t throw old ice into basin, better to drop them in plants.
- We’re used to notice leaks indoors, but don’t forget to check outdoor faucets, sprinklers and hoses for leaks.
- In rainy season collect water from your roof to water your garden/ plants.
- Do not hose down your driveway or sidewalk. Use a broom to clean leaves and other debris from these areas. Using a hose to clean a driveway can waste hundreds of gallons of water.
- For car washing, use a bucket of water and then through that water into park or grass of your locality.
So, when you save water, you save money on your utility bills too. Saving water is easy for everyone to do! So start from today…to contribute your share of water with others and spread smile 🙂