Rx kalpvraksh with Dwarka Express organizes Blood Donation Camp at Reliance Mall Sector 13, Dwarka
Dwarka New Delhi, 02 July, 2017: In its unwavering commitment to serve the community, Rx Kalpvraksh with Dwarka Express organized a Blood Donation Camp at Reliance Mall Sector 13, Dwarka, in association with Hindu Rao Hospital, New Delhi. The camp witnessed active participation from Reliance employees and visitors who volunteered to donate blood for this noble cause. Through this blood donation camp, Rx Kalpvraksh aims to raise awareness for the need of safe blood and blood products and to thank voluntary blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood.
The shortage was estimated at 1.1 million units as blood is measured with a unit being either 350 ml or 450 ml – in 2015-16, Minister for Health and Family Welfare JP Nadda told the Lok Sabha in July 2016. A shortage of this valuable resource has a major impact on victims of road traffic accidents and trauma victims, women with complicated pregnancies, children suffering from thalassemia, and people undergoing major surgeries.
Facts about blood needs
- The gift of blood is the gift of life. There is no substitute for human blood.
- Every two seconds someone needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood.